Women's Indigenous Network
Bringing together Indigenous and non-Indigenous people to build leadership pathways for Indigenous women and forge an integrated and successful future through increasing the number of Indigenous women in leadership roles.
Help Indigenous women build the capacities, competencies, knowledge and wisdom needed to excel in the corporate landscape as leaders and managers.
Learn about membership benefits for individuals and corporate members.
20 Bond St, Sydney NSW 2000
The WIN Australia Pilot Programme titled LEAD (Leadership Excellence and Development), adopts a two-pronged approach to assisting Indigenous women in building a successful career in a leadership role in a large organisation, focussing on two of the core areas that WIN addresses: Strengthen and Support.
The aim of WIN’s one-year LEAD Programme is to help indigenous women build the capacities, competencies, knowledge and wisdom needed to excel in the corporate landscape as leaders and managers.
LEAD includes leadership development workshops, specific skills training and a Learning From Leaders series tapping into the wisdom and knowledge of some of Australia’s most respected female leaders.
WIN’s LEAD Programme:
- Delivers science and research-based leadership development workshops tailored for Indigenous women, coupled with one-on-one coaching to embed the learning and accelerate the process.
- Facilitates access to highly successful female leaders (Indigenous and non-Indigenous) to learn from and be inspired by what is possible.
- Brings together like-minded women on similar leadership pathways to support each other and pay it forward to the next group, further expanding their network and providing leadership to women in their communities seeking a career in corporate leadership roles.
- Builds support in their workplace by way of internal mentoring, championing and advising that builds on their development and helps them integrate more as a corporate leader.
- Partners with organisations to change general attitudes about Indigenous women by working with the media to highlight achievements of programme participants.
Throughout the year key we explore these key themes:
- Purpose-driven leadership
- Influential communication
- Building your leadership brand
- Strategic thinking
- Resilience and emotional intelligence
- Leadership presence
- Corporate politics
- Bringing leadership to your community
- Understanding investment and building personal wealth
- Balancing the many selves and commitments